Monday, August 6, 2007

Mother's Day Project

The Mother's Day Project was brought to my attention by the ladies at Cross Stitch Crazy. This project is a tribute to the the female Coalition members who have lost their lifes in the course of the Irag War. After reading about the project, I had to signed up to stitch a name.


The name I received.... Army Spc. Jessica L. Cawvey.

Army Spc. Jessica L. Cawvey of Normal, IL, died October 6, 2004, when a IED detonated near her convoy vehicle in Fallujah. She was 21 years old. She left behind a 6 year old daughter.

My heart goes out to her family, especially her daughter.
I'd like to Thank Spc. Cawvey (and all the military members) for what they do.
I'd also like to thank the organizer of the project. Learning about Spc. Cawvey brought tears to my eyes and a huge knot to my stomach. Unfortunately, there are still many names to be stitched. If you can thread a needle, you can participate. I am honored to have been able to, and will do another in a heartbeat.
Please note, no picture of the finished stitching is included because I couldn't get a good scan.

1 comment:

Velda said...

Thank you for participating in this -- it's so worthwhile :) How sad for her daughter :(