Thursday, January 17, 2008

Music brings back memories...

I heard a song at lunch that made me think of my "baby boy".





Yellow Submarine by the Beatles might seem an odd song to remind someone of their child that was born in the second half of the 80s, but this one does.

When TK was little, we frequented a local resteraunt on a regular basis. We were there at least once a week. When we were there, we played the jukebox. It was always a surprise to find out what was going to play because the list wasn't quite right (you might hit E14 and get the song listed as A10). When Tommy got to pick, without fail, Yellow Submarine would come on. It got to the point that the cooks would hear the song and look for him. (We could only assume that nobody else played that song.)

When I heard the song at lunch to day, I couldn't help but smile and think of my little boy. Eyes misted a little, but smiled just the same.

1 comment:

Velda said...

great so guess what'll be in my head all day now....in a towwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn where I was borrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnn....