Thursday, March 6, 2008

Can I have a do over?

Just of the last 24 hours.

Yesterday was my 18th anniversary at the company I work for. No one acknowledged it. (Little bit of a pity party!)
Last night was book club meeting. I ended up not going and working late.
Get home to find that the gutter above my door cracked. Drip, drip, drip....onto the handle of the screen door - wouldn't have been a problem, except for the fact that the temperature dropped during the day yesterday, so instead of a wet handle, I had a FROZEN handle. Found a lighter and tried to melt the ice. No Go! All my tools are in the house. Finally found one of ex #2's large screwdrivers in the garage. There I stood hitting the ice with the handle of the screwdriver. Finally was able to get in.
By the time I got the door open, didn't feel like cooking, so it was cereal for supper. And my hands were so sore, that I couldn't even think about picking up a needle, so no stitching.
This morning I wake up with a song stuck in my head. What song?




That's right...."Barney Google, with the goo goo googly eyes. Barney Google, with a wife three times his size........"

And I have to shoot darts tonight. After dropping my PPD average last week (it was a bad night), I'm half dreading tonight.

Anyone have a time machine? Just want to go back a few hours..

2 comments:

Velda said...

But if you have a do over the same thing might happen...why not popping you ahead a few days, like 2, happy saturday! ((((Hugs))))

Tammy said...

I've lived days like too. They are nasty. Hope that bad days are behind you and better days ahead.

Hugs,