Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Return of Dork Boy

I love my DS. I'm very proud of him. But he can be such a dork at times.
I recently replaced my cell phone and didn't have a ringtone set up for him yet. So when he called more than once yesterday, I joked that I'd have to get that done. He replied "as long as it's not Soldier Boy".
#1 He's half a world away (and on a land line), he's not going to hear my phone ringing.
#2 His mom may be a little old, when I hear someone say something about the song Soldier Boy, I think of the older version ("Soldier Boy, oh my little soldier boy......") I don't think I've ever even heard the current song.
I did a quick search of what was available for my phone...sent him some options. He didn't select Yellow Submarine (a song he use to play everytime we went into a certain pizza parlor). What is his new ringtone id? Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue"
At least now when my phone starts ringing I'll know it's him without looking.

OK so maybe "mom's" the dork.

1 comment:

Velda said...

if you're a dork, I'm a dork. Besides....it's just two different centuries, ummm I mean, decades of a "soldier boy" I LOVE both songs..but particularly Toby's....kick a boot up their ....