Monday, February 11, 2008

February Thaw and Blah Blah Blah

OK - so it's not really thawing outside. But at least I am. When I got home from work late Friday, I thought it seemed chilly in the house. Chalked it up to it being cold outside. A few hours later, realize that I'm still not warming up and I haven't heard the furnace kick in. Off to check everything I can think of....can't get the stupid thing to work, can't get the cover off to check the pilot light. Call ex #2. He finally shows up, and tells me the pilot light is on...then proceeds to try everything that I've already done. Call the repairman. He could have came over during the night (i.e. 2 in the morning), but didn't want to think of what the extra charge for that would be nor could I afford it. Washed clothes so that I could run the dryer, and threw something in the oven. Those two things helped until repairman arrived at @ 1 Saturday afternoon. Long story short, the furnace wasn't talking to the thermostat thanks to a bad wire (am thinking stupid squirrel, but that's another story), I now have 2 thermostats in my little home. (One that tells me the temperature in the house, one that controls the furnace.) But I have heat, and the kitties are happier.

But what does that have to do with Blah Blah Blah? Before I got home to the cold, my soldier boy called me. This is the first time I've talked to him since he left. A call should be a good thing, right. (especially since I missed a call from him previously). It would have been a good thing, if it weren't for the Charlie Brown connection. That's right, bad connection causing everything he said to sound like the teacher from the Charlie Brown specials. He even tried hanging up and calling back, this time I could get about one out of every five words he said.

At least I got some stitching done this weekend. Will post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Velda said...

aw nuts! Okay couldn't resist the squirrel comment :) ((Hugs)) on the cold and the blah blah blah, but curse you for now putting that wretched sound in my head grrrr lol